Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
Lambob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arkansas
THOR #3396
GMac-

It is starting to become clearer. Because of the location of my main television I don't really need the coax plate. I will run the main coax cable that comes from the outlet outside and screw it into the VIP211Z.

Next, I will take an HDMI cable from the VIP211Z to my dinette television.

I will next use AVI out of the VIP211Z to an RF Converter. From the RF Converter I will run coax to the connection in the original booster switch where the main coax cable was attached before I connected it to the VIP211Z.

Here is where I am still a little confused. I assume "the black cable from the amplifier to splitter and on to both televisions" will not now need the splitter and can go directly to the bedroom television through the existing cable, correct?

On another note, dish sells a Digital Over-The-Air Tuner for ViP 211Z which attaches to a USB port. If I purchase this and connected it to the ViP 211z USB port and then run coax to the connection in the original booster switch where the main coax cable was attached can I avoid using the AVI cables and RF Modulator? Again, thanks for your help!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum