Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 09:15 PM   #2
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingcat View Post
We haven’t gone camping yet due to several family issues. After de-winterizing, we were going to fill the fresh tank and then drain gray water. All went well until we notice two of the outside compartments has water in them. The water is coming from the top part of each compartment. This area is under the sofa and not where the sink is located. The third compartment, which is located under the sink, and is the one that has the outdoor shower and it had a little water in it. We have a 2018 ACE 29.3. We have checked under the sink and behind the sofa and we see no signs of water. Any suggestions?
You sound to be out of warranty. Here is what I would do.

1. Have Thor give you a plumbing diagram
2. It is likely only one leak during all of the damage but I can't know without diagram.
3. I would then drain everything, bone dry and clean up all of the leaked water in compartment.
4. Stop using any water o sink in coach.
5. Fill fresh water tank in full, report what happens. If nothing happens drive it and then report what happens.
6. If you see water in all of the places you know you have leak with fresh water tank that is likely under floor. You may need dealer to repair that but it is cheaper if you know the problem
7. If no leak and fresh tank is clear, then I go into coach and turn on faucets that go to gray tank. Repeat above using all fresh water; so if it does leak in your basement it is just clean water.

I suspect a seal directly above a tank that is for vent etc may be leaking. Hopefully there is no leak in the tank it self.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum