Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 07:43 PM   #1
placenet

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10308
Unhappy New digital thermostat - no heater or A/C

First of all this is a 2007 Hurricane with low miles and in great condition. Here's the issue:
Old thermostat stopped working. All fuses were fine, even the one in the old Coleman. Assumed it was a bad board in the thermo.
New digital thermo hooked up, blew the 15 amp fuse twice. Power was only 10.8 volts. Replaced with 20 amp (risky I know) and both heater and A/C fired up fine.
Went on a trip. All good. Back home hooked up shore power and once again neither worked. Fuses, propane, batteries, generator all fine. BUT power at the thermo is only showing between 10.5 and 11.4 volts. Disconnected shore power and still no response.
I'm no electrician but wondering if the culprit isn't the voltage drop not being enough to trigger the units? If so what should I check next? Or any other ideas?
Thanks for any help. I've learned so much through this forum.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum