Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 04:22 PM   #9
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1a2guy View Post
I have a continuing issue with my levelers. I have replaced the High pressure switch, which was suggested as a possible solution. The fluid level is at the proper level. When the e-brake is released the pump runs trying to raise the jacks which are fully retracted and on the control panel: Jacks Down light is lite. If I unplug the High Pressure Switch and release the e-brake the pump does not run. I need to know if I can travel safely with this disconnected. I am supposed the be leaving for a 2 week trip in a few days.
Any suggestion on a cause and fix for this issue?

David
There are a couple possibilities.....

If you do not have a visible leak (signs of fluid under any of the jacks, power control unit or along the routing of the hoses, then it would not be a related to a physical leak. However, there could be a seal in one of the levelers or on the power control unit leaking and allowing the pressure to drop.

It could also still be related to the pressure sensor. It could be a bad wire, connector or you could have gotten a defective sensor.

The Jacks Down alarm is occurring because the system is sensing the pressure needed to keep the jacks retracted is below the minimum pressure. When you release the parking brake, the system sets off the alarm because it thinks the jacks are down... even though there may be enough pressure to keep them retracted.

It's a tough call as to whether it is safe to drive. If it is not a false pressure reading and it is a real pressure drop, then that could be a concern.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum