Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
RVibrake3 Flat Towing Braking System

I found one post from about a year ago about the RVibrake3 portable braking system.

I wanted to see if anyone else on here had any experience with it at this point. It looks pretty slick and very easy to setup and remove. It is the smallest and lightest unit on the market. This video shows how to install and remove it.

I was going to go with the Blue Ox Patriot 3 or the Roadmaster Even Brake but after seeing the RVibrake 3, I am leaning in its direction now.

I'm just embarking on my first toad. I have been pulling our Can-Am Spyder on a trailer but we just got a great deal on a dealer's loaner vehicle.... a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with only 9000 miles and most of the factory warranty left plus the certified pre-owned warranty.

I was leaning towards Blue Ox but I went with Roadmaster. I just ordered the Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow Bar and the Roadmaster Direct-Connect Base Plate Kit from etrailer.

I liked the Roadmaster direct connect base plate better for the Wrangler and I also liked the Nighthawk having the wiring and safety cables built into the tow bar. The fact it also had LED lights for added visibiity was also a bonus.

I figure that I have time to research braking systems a little more. I have decided on a portable unit. I could install a permanent braking system myself but I'm not sure I want to spend 5 - 6 hours doing it plus I like the idea of being able to move it to another vehicle easily if needed.

Right now the RVibrake3 has my attention and it looks so small and easy to use that I am now leaning in that direction. I did see a review on a Jeep forum that gave it positive marks so that is encouraging as well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum