Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 03:08 AM   #18
donblanco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #19181
ok, second night in the new rig. Been busy with repairs and organization.

So far the only thing the dealer really *should* have caught is the right rear taillight assembly. Wife noticed I had no brake lights or turn signals on right side when following me to first park. Inspection revealed water leak which rusted out bulb wiring and rotted wood below.

Instead of trying to have dealer take care of this, and waiting and waiting for parts while spending $400/week in a hotel, I opted to treat it as a learning experience. Removed everything, replaced bulbs, replaced rusty screws, used wood putty for screw holes, reattached with new screws and butyl tape.

Wood damage does not appear to have rotted the panel all the way to the bottom. Regardless, this wall is separate from the internal wall of the bedroom. Repair of this piece does not seem fast or easy, so holding off for a later date.

Sanitized water system, found out that some sort of insect utilized the fresh water air return hose for nesting purposes. Picked up some magnetic catches for drawer catch replacements. Tightened up a couple of fuse-holders so the fuses wouldn't work loose and turn off lights and TV. Acquired sewer hose, fresh water hose, filter, pressure regulator. Set up new walkie-talkies for cross-vehicle comms.

Mostly unpacked and organized. Ready to head out in the AM, generally pointed at southern end of the Rockies...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum