Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 12:20 AM   #11
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
cut...

So is there a load on the batteries or not?

cut...
Did it again. When I wrote 'nothing' I meant nothing in excess of the standard parasitic draw of whatever's going on in the coach to keep stuff alive.

Thank you for taking the time to explain what you understood from my post.

I consider anything above and beyond as excess demand and try to account for it (mentally) in my readings- ran the inverter to charge the laptop and phone and that's where the 'draw' came from.

The batteries have been at rest no less than 10 minutes when making observations. Sometimes an hour or more. I have data if you want it.

When we were talking about the 12.7, Bob posed a question about being at 12.8 as being 'good to go'. If I understand this statement correctly, I have to know the gravity more than the voltage? I have a hydrometer. (re: "If the true SOC of your battery is reflected by 12.4 VDC then any voltage measured above 12.4 VDC would also be due to a capacitive charge and would quickly dissipate down to the voltage for the batteries' true chemical SOC.")

If there's any info I can supply that will help you help me better, don't hesitate to ask. If I can't give it to you, I'll say so.

Take care.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum