Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Gas Mileage
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 01:47 AM   #43
frankgtx

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #15296
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTh View Post
I believe what the poster was asking is what can he expect for an average overall. Unfortunately I do not have an Axis of Vega but a 24SA Siesta on a Sprinter chassis. We bought it used in 2014.
It hits the scales at 11040 lbs.
We have put in 121 Tanks of fuel.
We have travelled 32929 miles.
We have used 2153.739 gallons of diesel.
Our average is 15.29 MPG
These are the kind of figures he is looking for, for the Axis and Vegas, not how much it gets going on level ground or uphill or at 60 to 80 MPH on trip going east or west the but average over time.
Sorry but nobody so far has given him an average over time under real time driving on many trips.
Again, sorry, but I think that is what he is looking for;
Harry
I’ve not kept as accurate a log as you have simply because it becomes kind of meaningless to quote figures to the second numeral after the decimal point unless you include driving conditions (speed, elevation changes, wind speed and direction, etc.). However, based on a few of my calculations I would say that your 15mpg is pretty accurate for Sprinters. Not sure if we save any money given the premium of diesel over gasoline but I do like the climbing ability of that diesel engine. At any rate if this was about saving money I’d stay home...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum