Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 05:38 PM   #11
Elite Washington

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorfreedom View Post
We have 2017 total freedom elite 30 F. I want my kids to watch TV while we were down the road. We had no inverter in our RV. So I turn my generator on the TV does not come on because it’s tied up on the ignition. We installed 2000 W inverter under the dinette and change my batteries 2 two 6 volts batteries under the steps. The run was less than 5 feet to inverter. Then we ran two perm so outlets on the outside of the booth from inverter. We also ran one extension wire behind the TV. I just plug my TV into the extension wire and turn my inverter on. Everything works great. I was a little nervous to Use transfer switch. I wanted to keep it simple. . But I would like to find where those ignition wires are so if we have a generator on we can use the TV. Do you know exactly where they will be in the freedom elite 30 FE. Thank you.
I couldn’t find the switch on our 30fe, and after looking for a while decided it was just easier to run an extension cord from the outlet under the table along the trim and up. We always use our generator while driving so powering all the outlets is nice and now with the cord up by the TV I had one that had multiple plugs so besides the TV kids can charge their iPads or whatever. That was a lot better then the one outlet up in the bunk.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum