Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 03:56 PM   #7
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
There are low cost campgrounds (and even some not so low cost) that don't guarantee you will be in a secure location and safe. I have read more than a couple stories of transient people roaming through campgrounds in the middle of the night in different parts of the country.

Many times it comes down to three things..... location..... location...... location.

That being said, I am not as harsh on my position of this topic when it comes to staying at a business like Wal-Mart, Cracker Barrel and other retailers overnight if you support them financially. If we need a few hours rest and it is a long haul between planned stops, we will pick a location that we feel is safe (visible security, other RV'ers, etc.) and call ahead and ask if it is ok.

Back in April we spent the night at a Cracker Barrel in Bristol, VA. We called ahead and they were more than happy to let us stay. They only had take out because of COVID restrictions so the next morning we ordered breakfast and my wife also spent some money in the store when she went to pick up our breakfast. They were very happy to have our business since the inside restaurant was closed.

That being said... I would never park on a street, in a neighborhood, etc. where I would infringe on someone else's life or personal property. I would also do nothing else but park and sleep and then shop at the business.

If you do it the right way, both the RV'er and the establishment benefits without making you look bad to others.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum