Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 10:05 PM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I had a 2018 Outlaw 29H and it was a white knuckle experience. Passing semi's or wind could push me over 1/2 a lane or more. You had to keep two hands at all times and your hands were always moving. After 5 or 6 hours of driving I was worn out...... I felt I could drive anything based on past experience of driving a box truck a couple times and pulling boats and snowmobile trailers for 35 years.

After a season of driving the Outlaw I'd had enough. I installed a Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer, front and rear Sumo's and Hellwig HD front and rear sway bars. Aftet that it drove like a dream.

Unfortunately almost any Class C over 25 feet is going to handle that way. The manufacturers buy a stock chassis that Ford, Chevy and they don't know if it will be a shuttle bus, ambulance, box truck or motorhome. Once they cut the chassis and put all that weight on it, the stock suspension can't handle it. The motorhome manufactures should setup the suspension for the length, height and weight with the proper springs, shocks and sway bars but they don't.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum