Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #90
Tom N3EQF

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMHDR View Post
The kits that I got to replace just the plunger are great. I hated throwing away perfectly good handles except for that part. The kits are quicker to install than replacing the handle in my RV. I actually got an extra kit just in case we're parked somewhere and someone else has the same problem. We even lock all of the doors and windows now.
I too installed the eBay $45 replacement plunger kit and it worked great. I had previously called Trimark to replace mine before it broke and they very nicely told me I had to buy a new one - no thank you.

Anyway, a tip to anyone buying the stainless plunger kit... If your pot metal plunger has broken so that it is already loose and free of the rest of the mechanism, the new plunger installation is a snap. If, like me, the old plunger is still intact and you're replacing it as a preventative measure, you will have to cut the old plunger in half so it can be removed. I used a dremel tool with a cutting blade to saw the plunger in two.

Works great - no pot metal and no plastic!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum