Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Gray water odor
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 12:17 AM   #21
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
I have not looked under the sinks at out Palazzo. In our fifth wheel, they used an air admittance valve or STUDOR valve. They installed the cheep one that only relies on a rubber flap to make the seal. When I found the problem, I replace it with the STUDOR valve that meets most stick and brick codes. It has a spring. Could purchase five of the cheep ones for the price of the good one.

I always add Happy Camper to the gray tanks and well as the black. It eliminates odor. If you ever had to change a gray or black tank valve, you would too! The gray smells much worse than the black, and don't ask me why I know, but man it does. After I used Happy Camper, the wast valve replacement was never an odor problem. I do not know if other waste treatments will do as good a job as Happy Camper, but It works, so I use it even in my Palazzo.

I hope I did not violate a form rule by mentioning the product I use. I have no affiliation with them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum