Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #2
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
You are going to get everyone's opinion on what's best as far as baseplates, towbars and braking systems. The most important thing to know is that is is. just that, everyone's opinion.

I run all Road Master for the Jeep Grand Cherokee and have no issues.

Make sure you read the procedures on how to flat tow (Recreational Towing) in your Fusion's owners manual. My Lincoln MKZ had a trans setting for Neutral Tow that was used for flat towing and I imagine the Fusion will have something similar.

Points to consider:

Baseplates generally stay with the car when it is sold or traded but tow bars and portable braking systems can stay with you.

Installed braking systems such as InvisiBrake cost more for installation but provide a much easier and quicker setup for towing and disconnecting at the destination.

Have the installer include a dedicated charging line for the TOAD's battery.

Enjoy and welcome to the forum.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum