Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 11:22 PM   #16
Rysiek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Let us know what you figure out on this one.

My question is.... will your Generator run for 30 min or an hour ..... as long as your Ford engine is running? If so I would say its NOT a fuel problem.

I say its something with the batteries or battery cables or perhaps the battery isolator?
Yes, the gen will run without any issues as long as coach's engine is running. Couple of weeks ago I drove for 6 hours and the generator was on most of the time powering the AC. After arriving home, I turned everything off, waited few minutes and was able to start the generator without engine running! But that wae it. Another attempt has failed and everything went back to "new normal": engine not running - gen will not start.
I have no idea what other steps I should take. At this point I am tempted to replace the fuel filter anrfuel pump.
On the other hand I am suspecting that all of this is caused by some faulty
electrical components. Should I start shoping for a new battery?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum