Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 01:33 PM   #24
Ceezeemex

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29X
State: Alberta
THOR #19779
Steering stabilization Summary

Just bought a 2014 Thor Windsport 29X. Only 9850 mile on the odometer. Bought it from the proverbial older couple Who were going to travel North America but ended up weekending only and it sat in their yard. Does have a lot of sun fading which we will try and deal with (any suggestions?)

Had a tire shop do an inspection and the brakes, tires etc were fine. However driving it home the first day on open prairie highways with stiff winds and semis was akin to going to the gym. My arms ached. Also judging by the looks the spouse was giving me and the grip she had on the arm rests, convincing her to drive in the future may not have the desired results. Although we have had Class A motorhomes before and even much longer ones, I had expectations that a 30 ft , somewhat newer rig would handle better. Not expecting Lexus steering but reasonable to enjoy the trips. So I started the research into Improved steering and anti sway. I have read a ton of the posts and threads on this forum and on others on these topics. Unfortunately I don’t have the skill set to do the work myself. ( note that Some specific brands may not be available here in Alberta, Canada)
My summary of fixes and looking for opinions:
A) have the sway bars moved to the other hole. ( CHF)
B) add a Rear anti sway bar such as a Roadmaster
C) add a Front steering stabilizer such as Steer safe or equivalent

As it would be About 3 grand to do Sumo Springs , I was going to wait to see if the above did the trick first. Then if still have concerns , add the Sumo Springs.

Also, The tire shop inflated tires to 90 psi, the steering wheel shimmies a bit so I reduced to the Recommended 82 psi as per coach sticker. Not sure yet if it helped much.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, help, comments.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum