Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Top Vents
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 09:27 PM   #13
thisoldman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Rhode Island
THOR #19146
During a recent trip to Florida, the heat drove me to purchase Camco vent cushions, one for each of the four roof vents in my 2019 Chateau 31W. Without them the single roof AC was completely overwhelmed trying to keep up with the heat load from the blazing Florida sun. With them, the interior temperature dropped to something bearable--not as cool as I would have liked, but a lot better than it was without them.

Opening the roof vents in the heat of the day is a non-starter. Once the sun has gone down, and if the outside temperature has dropped to a level lower than that inside the coach, then you can pull the cushions out and open the roof vents--and at least a couple of windows--to allow cooler fresh air to enter the unit through the windows as the hotter air rises and escapes through the roof.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum