Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 05:11 PM   #32
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Those appear to be, and you can verify, vibration dampers/motor Mounts. Mine are just as loose. The engine sits on rubber bushings/dampers on top of that plate. Being tight would restrict movement, but I'm not sure it would do much else. The engine is gravity mounted. It moves when you shake it, just as it should.
The slop could be purposeful to alleviate stress and allow the movement so castings don't crack under torque. Less tight the motor moint on any Gas engine is, the less likelyhood of cracking a casting. The rubber Mounts in your car aren't only about comfort.

I'm not worried about mine. They show no signs of shrinkage, warpage or wear. At 400hrs they look just like yours.

Preliminary measurements show a 5500 will fit where my 4000 is.
A simple electric fan will resolve any air flow concerns.
50 amp can be as simple with the generator as one extra line and required line goodies ran to added appliances. Add a 50 amp pedastal input plug if you insist on having one or just the 30/20 scheme with two plug-ins.

The Vega was designed for the small block but the monza was already approved as a draft, so no v8 Vega made production(and GM needed a pinto rival not a maverick rival).

Mom had a 4cyl Vega with ps/automatic and ac.
I had a 327 power glide spitfire.
2bbl 327 was 210 crank hp new, as it's best effort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200802_113554.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	25361  

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum