Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Larger Tires
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 11:28 PM   #1
Julius

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37GT
State: South Carolina
THOR #14675
Larger Tires

I have a Full-timer with a Thor Challenger 37GT that I LOVE. It has taken us on an 8,000 mile journey across America with little trouble. We replaced the front tires with slightly larger tires (245/75/22.5 vs 235/80/22.5) and I could definitely feel an improvement in handling side winds and tracking. My rears are original 7yr old Michelin’ 235/80/22.5 with 40,000 miles and still look great with virtually no visible dry rot and plenty of tread but I feel like it’s time to replace. I am contemplating a 255/70/22.5 for the four rear tires. I am sure they will fit properly on the 7.50 rims with No clearance Issues but kinda concerned about the pros and cons. Any thoughts?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum