Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 11:17 AM   #11
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD0 View Post
Not sure if everyone realizes this. It is not actually switching tanks. When both full you are pulling fuel from the front tank is correct. When front tank gets to 3/4 fuel is pumped from rear tank into front tank. The front tank fuel pump is the only one feeding the engine.
Actually..... I think I do remember reading that it does pump fuel from one tank to another and I was using "switching" generically.

However, if you do run out of gas completely it won't just pump fuel from the rear tank to the front tank if you only put fuel int he rear tank. You have to physically put fuel in the front tank before the engine will get fuel to start.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum