Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: AC woes
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 12:55 AM   #8
BillHill

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #17635
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
with both seemingly 'failing' at the exact same time, points more toward a POWER issue, not an air conditioner issue.

WHERE and WHAT SIZE power source are you plugged into for power?
Does it do the exact same when running the GENERATOR?
Thanks for responding. I always use 50 amp when plugging in. I have never actually tried 30 amp and only once have used 15 amp just to test it. It does the same thing regardless of shore power or generator. It is interesting actually as I can hear the generator surge when the compressor attempts to kick on when I do try it on generator. When plugged in I am using the power cord that is attached to the system and I also use a surge protector.

Now that I am more confident that they are 2 different problems. My guess is that the one system has had a leak and just finally got low enough to notice when coupled with the fact that the other was not working. Since it appears to be locked compressor on one and low freon on the other it appears to more just bad timing than anything.

After speaking to someone this evening about it I am going to see if I can either get someone to install a tap and try to repair the leak and fix recharge it. Otherwise I can borrow the gauges from someone else and give it a shot myself. Since I can't get any replacement right now due to the shortages it might be my only option for the near term.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum