Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 12:48 PM   #24
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
An EMS is the best way to go. I installed a Progressive Industries hardwired EMS-HW50C. I have it wired on the output of the transfer switch to also protect from any potential issues from the generator (I figure a transfer switch is much less expensive than an A/C or fridge of the generator every malfunctions).

I configured the EMS so it does not supply power to the coach for 136 seconds after it has verified the power coming into the coach is safe. This protects the A/C and refrigerator compressors from damage when power is rapidly cycling on and off.

I just experienced a situation where the EMS did its job very well. We were in Vermont a couple weeks ago and a storm kicked up just as we went to bed. The A/C's were running when the power went out and cycled quickly on and off 2 or 3 times before going out completely for about 2 hours.

The transfer switch is right under our bed and I could hear the relays buzzing and trying to engage as the power was cycling on and off and surging but the delay I have set prevented any of that bad power from entering the coach and causing damage. My EMS paid for itself that night.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum