Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 01:57 PM   #33
UpstateGreg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #20250
We are out on our first trip this weekend. The wife chose two different Harvest Hosts sites. Any hiccups have been relatively minor.

Friday night I swapped out the terrible Harris batteries with a pair of Interstate 6 volt batteries. I was a little concerned about the number of wire lugs that had to go onto the positive terminal but by flipping some over I was able to create enough room on the terminal screw. The Harris batteries were bone dry when I removed them. Both had build dates of September 2016 so it was definitely time for them to go. Earlier in the week something had happened that tripped both 100 amp circuit breakers in the battery compartment. Not sure what the issue was but resetting them got power back in the rig. It痴 possible that I did it the night before when I went to turn the lights off and accidentally hit the battery disconnect button, immediately turning it on and off and back on accidentally as I fumbled with the switches.

I use a CPAP at night. I really thought the outlets on the bed were on the inverter. I was annoyed to find that they were not. We are stopping at Walmart to get an extension cord to run from the plug behind the bedroom TV set. No idea if there is enough juice in the new batteries to run two of those all night but I guess I値l find out. I believe the inverter will beep if input voltage gets low? If so I値l keep the remote handy to run the generator for a bit.

I bought a small low voltage fan, which of course I could not run, but I think I知 going to get a Ryobi lithium powered fan instead so there is no additional load on the batteries. The reviews I read say the fan will run on low for 11 plus hours on the larger 4 amp hour batteries. Ryobi also makes a portable lithium battery powered inverter that I知 going to pick up as well. Like the fan, it uses the same batteries as the cordless tools I already own.

The rest of the issues were just items we forgot, like sugar. The morning coffee was a bit more bitter than I am used to without it. I値l grab some from Walmart today.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum