Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #16
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N3EQF View Post
There have been a few other posts on replacing the Windsport furniture, specifically changing from the L-shaped dinette to a more comfortable seating arrangement. I used a lot of the examples I saw here to take on this project.

For my 2015 Windsport 27K, the original furniture upholstery was cracking and peeling - both captain chairs and the dinette. Almost unbelievably, my extended warranty coverage with Good Sam offered some money to cover a good portion of the replacement furniture. I chose "shop4Seats.com" for a 53" loveseat recliner and two captain chairs, all in matching Fawn color in the "De Leon" style.

I took a few photos during the project and am attaching them here. Note that this project stretched my carpentry skills to the limit, so don't be afraid to try this at home!
Very nice job. Impressive

Few questions..

1. I did not follow the vent tubing that went to the newly constructed box that seem to be under the new recliner?
2. What happened to the table floor pedestals, are the marks under new sofa or did you do some floor work too?
3. I follow the need to replace worn furniture, and maybe the disdain for a L shape configuration, but why did feel that you no longer need a table? Mayb I am breaking some rule, but I have been working out of RV since March and I can't imagine not having the table. (Note: I don't have L shape configuration though)
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum