Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 09:56 PM   #1
rtaylor909

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 44MT
State: California
THOR #3425
Registration - HELP!

Greetings all, I live in California and purchased my new rig in Arizona last month, took it to California DMV to get it registered and the FUN begin! So, the diesel engine in my Tuscany is certified by EPA emission standards for all states in the Untied States, the Vehicle Emission Control Information plate on the back of the engine says so, however, in order to get the vehicle registered in California, it has to specifically say "meets California standards". I've called the dealer in AZ, who referred me to Thor, who referred me to Freightliner who referred me to Cummings. Cummings sent me a sheet on paper with a bunch of numbers that supposedly correspond with my specific engine, well as you can guess, DMV said NO! Question, has anyone has similar experience living in California and purchasing out of state to be registered in California?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum