Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 02:31 AM   #1
drossman76

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #20666
Blowing fuse after LED fixture swap

Hello,

I replaced all of the ceiling light fixtures in my 2004 Jazz with LED fixtures except for the two residential house style ceiling fixtures over the couch and dinette. Everything went just fine and functioned properly throughout the trailer except for the lights in the slide out.

The slide has a total of four overhead light fixtures in it and they were all working before the swap. I changed the two rectangular fixtures (the kind with the switch in the middle that you can turn one side on or both with off in the middle. I just changed the bulbs in the previously mentioned residential style lights to LED bulbs and didn't do anything to the fixtures. The two LED lights work just fine, but the second I try to turn on the other fixtures the fuse blows. I changed the bulbs back to the incandescent style and the same thing happens. I inspected the wires as much as I could see and don't see any breaks in the insulation jacket so I thought perhaps the new LED fixtures were bad so I replaced them again but the fuse still blows.

I'm at a loss here, could it be that I need to change the other two fixtures out to LED fixtures too? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Dave

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum