Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 01:02 PM   #39
OldWEB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Steps Shutdown

My story is when I pulled the MH in front of our house the first time, upon opening the door, the step started to extend, then hit the curb. That jammed them and I freaked. Thinking the motor is fried, I was able to crawl under to disconnect the linkage and tie up the steps in the stowed position. Took it all to the stealer and they put it together and found nothing wrong.??? So as it happens, I have to use the chassis battery disconnect switch to exit the MH when parked on our street so the steps do not extend into the curb.
Well I forgot once and freaked when I opened the door... jammed again. I closed the door and heard the steps retract....! Well, it turns out that when it does jam, the controller senses it and powers down the motor, close the door and it will retract.
As there is no power switch to the steps (I have to hit the chassis battery switch), I installed a wire disconnect in the magnetic switch circuit by the door. Anytime I think of going near our street, I disconnect the wire. I may have to hop in and out a few times w/o the step before I get home, but I am not trusting my memory to do it when I arrive at home.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum