Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 04:56 PM   #25
Buckeye7756

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #15559
Talking Axxera Radio connections

I have a 2016 Thor ACE 29.3 with an Axxera radio. I have had problems with the video feed from backup and side cameras for a long time. I am posting here three photos of the radio, a 3-port video switch, and the connector between the video switch and the radio.

This video switch WAS NOT SECURED under the dash by Thor. It was simply stuffed up in the dash between the driver and the radio. It was bouncing around and literally fell out of the dash.

Furthermore, the yellow-ended video connector cable was a piece of crap. It wiggled while driving and I would lose the video feed. Despite reaching up in there and re-seating the connectors several times it would not remain tight.

So finally today - I removed the radio from the dash and replaced the damn cable. The radio came out easily with the removal tool provided by Thor with my coach "black bag". Its only about a 24 inch cable. The new cable - which I had in the house - had a much tighter fit. I then taped the connections at two points. One at the video switch and one at the radio. I tested and then returned the radio to the dash. I found a spot under the dash to secure the video switch with Velcro and returned it and all the wires under the dash. I also tightened the screw connectors coming to the video switch from each of the three cameras.

I'm hoping this finally resolves the failing video feeds from my coach cameras.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1700.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	26370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1701.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	26371  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1702.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	26372  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum