Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New Ford 6.8L
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 03:47 AM   #45
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Well you can get one for under $1000 LOL but I'm sure that isn't what you're asking.

Counting the $7500 tax rebate you can pick up a Hyundai Ioniq Electric for around $20k.

Its around the same for the latest Nissan Leaf (about $23k after the $7500 rebate).

Granted you take the $7500 off your income taxes and not the car's price (thus if you don't owe or haven't paid $7500 in taxes then you don't get that credit).

So we're not quite there yet on purchase price...

Owning and operating we're already well under: my Bolt only costs me about $50 in electricity for 1000 miles/month driving. Only other maintenance has been the occasional tire rotation and so far I haven't paid for one..Chevy keeps comping me the rotations!?

Thank you.

I like the Leaf’s appearance much better, not that either looks as clean as most Tesla models. Since it’s offered with two battery sizes (neglecting larger motor cost and weight), the incremental cost comes out to around $300/kWh and the weight around 15 pounds/kWh. For city driving the smaller battery would suffice, although I wouldn’t want to go on a road trip with such limited range.

Anyway, I’m surprised Nissan hasn’t worked harder at getting Cd below 0.28. At freeway speeds that could limit range compared to EPA highway cycle. For us an entry-level EV could easily serve as a second vehicle.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum