Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 06:38 AM   #5
devnul@timmade.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedon Elite 26HE
State: Alabama
THOR #20751
26HE Not Firing Up

I was able to solve the problem after visiting YouTube. The answer I found didn't match my furnace once I opened the access panel on the outside. But I did find out the problem: The slide on connector, for the ignitor, wasn't pushed all the way onto the spade connector. Seated it fully and furnace fired up just fine.
My brother told me to listen for the ignitor to start clicking but the sound from the circulation fan covers that up.

I also found another problem that is probably rare but one you should be aware of. When the outside panel was installed a red wire was trapped between the outside over and the furnace chassis. In the process the wire was cut to the core but didn't short out. I insulated it and it should be good to go and also made sure to tuck it in so it wouldn't get trapped again.

Last thing is you may want to remove the inside wooden slotted cover, on the inside side of the furnace below the fridge, and check for dust or pet hair. The top of my furnace was covered with sawdust and other stuff. I am going to find a suitably sized furnace filter to mount behind the wooden cover to keep the air clean going into the cold air intake.
Thanks for the welcomes!
Tim
Soon to on our way from MA to AL

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum