Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 05:17 AM   #15
IrnBear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Nevada
THOR #13593
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I tried to follow but couldn't quite get the concern what you miss during a lane change? I know of few that have been annoyed with side cameras turning off radio momentarily, but never heard of a concern with rear camera view being momentarily being disabled?

Like you I keep my rear camera on all time (and I don't have a toad ) but I use as a rear view mirror. I had considered to adjust to get a even broader view of the rear, but when I back up I like the current view. But when I am driving and wish to switch lanes, I think we do the same? I check my rear and my side mirrors. If all is clear I put on my signal as I prepare to change lanes. Why are you wanting to not have the added side camera view for that time period in favor of having the rear camera stay on? Not sure what you wish to see at the rear during that momentary change of lanes? But I think you are right about one thing, I do use my side mirrors. My biggest pet peeve with my coach is when I wash it, sometimes I inadvertently lose the perfect adjustments of the side mirrors I can adjust the main side mirror while driving but need to stop to to adjust the lower 1/4 of the side mirror.
You have explained it the best. It's like having a rear view mirror.
When I have my toad, I can see in the rear camera that I am clear of the car I am passing, car I am pulling in front of in a lane change
I can see that the toad is clear.
Like my passengers say, I drive my rig like a car. I think that was complement.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum