Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 05:11 PM   #2
UpstateGreg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #20250
Assuming it is like my Hurricane 29M, the hot water tank bypass valves are under the sink behind a false wall at the back. Turn off the water pump first if it is on. Turn all three valves under the sink. Then open the external hot water tank door and use a socket or wrench to undo the white plastic plug and the water will drain out of the tank (and all over you if you aren't careful).

This is only part of the winterization process. You need to drain the freshwater tank using the valve in the basement storage compartment under the tank. The water pump can then be used to feed the pink antifreeze into all the water lines. The water pump is located under the rear dinette seat. There is a valve near the water pump that bypasses the freshwater tank and allows you to feed antifreeze into the system by connecting a hose to the plugged off connector that the bypass valve switches the feed to the pump to. If this doesn't make sense, it will once you look under the seat.

Remember also to pour some antifreeze into the outside sink and use the macerator pump to feed it up the drain lines for that sink. The other drains can just have antifreeze poured into them.

There are also low point drains for this model I assume. I haven't looked for them yet but I will when I go to winterize mine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum