Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #25
jdurnwald

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Alabama
THOR #18612
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2777 View Post
I disconnected all three cameras from the box and took the box out, then added a 9 inch screen with multiple camera inputs to the dash that allowed me to display all 3 camera views all the time. Now the rear view displays across the top half of the screen, and the left and right cameras split the bottom half. I love it, and the in-dash radio screen no longer is involved.

Screen, $70 from Amazon, is podofo 9" TFT LCD Split Screen Quad Monitor.

I did the same thing. Just finished an LA to Atlanta drive and got very comfortable with the configuration. I did realize that I didn’t really need the side camera views as they took up space on the monitor and didn’t give me any more information than my mirrors. So I put the rear camera view exclusively on the monitor. I could see any vehicles from that view who were speeding up behind me and when my trailer was clear when changing lanes. I did run into visibility issues in the monitor when the sun was behind me or at night when headlights were shining. Turning the brightness on the monitor all the way to 0 helped a lot.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum