Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #7
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpandt View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

Tires are Goodyear G670 RV 245/70r19.5. Max load rating is 4540. GAWR on front axle is 7000 lbs and rear is 12000 lbs. Duel tires on rear axle. We don't have an excessive load as far as luggage weight is concerned, fuel was full, gray and black tanks empty and about 20 gallons in fresh water.

Temperature outside was 75 to 80 and TPMS said tires were between 94 and 100 temp.
You have a nice heavy duty 14 ply tire. 82 psig is on the light side even if you were empty INMHO, I would to up to 85. Your sidewall max cold psig should be 110

I ran my F550 with similar tires at 110-115 psig but usually had 16 ply due to the heavy tandem trailers we towed often. A lot of cattle on a 32 foot trailer is a bit heavier than an RV for sure.

No issues with handling or tire wear either when running empty but you did notice the potholes

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum