Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 01:47 AM   #19
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I would suggest not looking for a 'thor' dealer to do your warranty diagnosis and work, but a qualified RV tech, whether mobile or a separate individual 'shop only' type - that's their ONLY work, so they want to get it right - dealerships are more after sales - service comes second.

As for the Auto Start, or AGS, I know a lot about that, though my coach is a 2014 model - the basic design should be the same, though. There is a setting with the AGS, maybe named 'type', where there are two options: 'RV', or 'Other'. You might initially believe that you should have it set to the logical 'RV', since you're an RV, obviously, but that's usually NOT the setting you want. Here's why:
the setting is designed to 'override' your AGS settings whenever you manually stop the generator. Why? Don't know, but if you change it to 'Other', this never then happens - your AGS works like it's 'supposed' to, regardless of whether or how many times you might turn it off manually when the AGS had originally started it.

Now, as for the furnace, I can only imagine what you've mentioned has something to do with the propane reaching the ignitor. If it doesn't 'sense' that flame, for lack of propane, it's safety design shuts off the furnace.... makes sense. Why the propane is not getting to your ignitor is probably the issue. Kink in a line, etc. If it worked at some point, chances are it's not the furnace itself.

As for using electric space heaters, that's actually our much favored method of heating, as I don't like the sound of the furnace, or it's usage of propane, at least when we have plenty of shore power - one up front, one in the bedroom, both on medium, and on differing circuits.
Certainly, of course, the furnace is primary when off-grid and little power options other than the generator. Just like with air conditioning, you can't really have 'enough' unless your run the generator almost 24/7, it seems, though we've done that before, too. The Onan generator is perfectly capable of handling it - it's mostly 'us' that have the reservations that we're somehow 'using it too much'. It's also very efficient.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum