Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 08:51 PM   #35
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Your RV fully loaded cannot exceed the 18000 GVWR. You can then tow 5000 lbs. Most gas coaches have a low OCCC and overweight is quite possible. I learned that lesson with the Challenger. With that coach we couldn’t load up for more than a week or 10 days.

Run across a scale and you might be surprised at what you actually weight.
Man, where is the endpoint of things to learn when it comes to an RV You just stole my 5,000# cushion!!!, maybe it is a good thing I am fugitive in the State of Oklahoma after all

Okay so back to square 1 I have the below new info.

The Winnebago 2019 29VE’s gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is 18,000 pounds; the occupant and cargo carrying capacity (OCCC) on yellow tag in my motorhome state at 2,005 pounds on its information placard.

Online I saw where Loaded with full fuel, water, propane, and the driver, it crossed the scales at 16,560 pounds. This still leaves a respectable cargo carrying capacity.

The 7,000-pound-rated front axle and a 12,000-pound-rated rear axle had actual weights of 5,620 pounds and 10,940 pounds, respectively.

So is 2,005 pounds considered low?

My best guess on last trip

500lbs People
150lbs Groceries / Fridge / Can goods
500lbs All lower bay compartments (ladder, grill, tools, 4 chairs etc)
100lbs Clothes
100lbs Computers / Laptops / backpacks / DVD / Extenders etc.
100lbs Misc stuff in drawers, screwdrivers, flashlights, cables, Cleaners

So I have about 550 to spare. We were gone 5 days and did not use 3/4 of the stuff. Don't think we would pack more to stay longer.

When I am in a weigh friendly state, I may go test next time I am fully loaded, but I have to assume I weight about 16,000lbs as tare with all tanks being full. I could drain fresh water and gain about 600lbs
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum