Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #14
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlmatt View Post
The Residential Fridge is a bad choice unless you are camping where you have Electric Every night. I have changed the Inverter to a “Full Sine Wave Inverter”, added more batteries because the Fridge would drain the batteries in 4 hours and it makes a loud clunking noise whe the compressor starts. Camping World said it was the “Modified Sine Wave Inverter” and not enough Battery AMPs. Carl @ 303-884-5884

Sorry you’ve had so many issues. I don’t really think it’s a Thor thing so much as just the way things are. I’ll bet you’re glad you have that warranty for your slide issues even though it’s a huge hassle. I had a $1400 slide repair on my last coach (Fleetwood) and had not bought a warranty. DW pretty much insisted on one when we bout our latest machine.

I agree with you on the residential fridge. They weren’t built for life on the road and they have a voracious appetite for power. For most people the simplicity and low energy demands of an absorption fridge makes much more sense. We had that on our list of “musts” when we went shopping. It took us 4 tries to get the right coach for us!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum