Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 05:54 PM   #6
Booner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Majestic 23A
State: Missouri
THOR #20977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
If it doesn't come off the road: you'll just track it in anyway...
Camping is an outdoor activity that still has the benefits of a T.V., a Fridge, and a nice bed...
We've learned to accept a little dust as part of the fun.
Ah, no Mr. Bob, this is not a little dust. It's more like, "OMG,. Doesn't this guy ever clean out his RV?" in addition to all of the dust invading the coach are, I'm also loosing heat and a/c from these holes, too.

I was able to get a better look on the underside of the unit around the wheel wells and there's at least an inch gap at the top 1/3 of the wheel well. Its plenty big enough for the dust to migrate up along the side wall and into the lower cabinets. This is just on the right side, I haven't looked at the left rear tires yet. It's a little difficult for me to crawl under the thing as I'm not a small person.
I purchased some 4 inch wide Decor seal tape that I'll use. There were also gaps in the expanding foam around various drains and hoses in front of the right rear tires too. It looks like a poor job was done at the factory and not due to repairs from an accident.

I've got the rest of the coach pretty well sealed up, now it looks like I'll be spending some time crawling under the thing to seal things up too.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum