Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 09:12 PM   #51
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Interesting but not too surprising with the Tiffin. Maybe a knock against Winnebago OEM for Vista / Sunstar?

Before I bought the EC-30 for my 29VE if I wanted to prime, the only way to have done so was at the Genset outside. See Stop/Prime Switch in picture that I can't rotate

The OEM Panel on inside is simple Start / Stop also in picture that I can't rotate

I guess it could be possible that if I hold the OEM Stop button inside for 20 secs it may prime? But no need because, my Dealer installed option EC-30 is direct wired to Genset to Stop/Prime for sure. But, I have never had a need to prime and it has been one full year?

I do have to prime my Portable generator and other lawn equipment when it is cold, but never had to prime the Onan 5500.

I think where the Bill Johnson was going if I had any issues with it needing to auto start when it may have needed to be primed to start?

The answer is No. It Auto starts and Auto shuts off with 100% accuracy thus far.
If you push the off sideways it will move a littte bit that is the prime it shows on YouTube

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum