Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 02:50 PM   #7
Old Iron

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Minnesota
THOR #19733
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
I was a snowbirder for several years flipping back and forth between our home in Connecticut and a condo in SW Florida. While down in Florida I caught up with two boating friends who live down south in their motor homes in the winter. One has a 36' Class A and the other has a Class B.

In addition to the long lead time for reservations the other problems will be wifi and cell phone access. The high end RV parks usually have wifi and cell reception is also usually decent. State parks can be hit or miss, never having any wifi, but sometimes the cell service will allow decent internet browsing speeds.

It was more expensive than the RV park costs for the Class A guy above, but not a whole lot. Depreciation on the Class A probably equaled the taxes and fee on our condo. And it was a whole lot easier to drive down over a two day period and when you got there you were in your 1,500 SF winter home.

David
The world has changed because I remember when having the internet was just a luxury and not a necessity. And playing the one year in advance game can be a challenge at times but also a commitment. These folks who run the resorts need to know for sure who's coming down there.

I like your idea of a Condo except we like to visit many different places to ride our bikes. Last year it was AZ, this year Florida, next year it's going to be the Hill country of Texas, then maybe the Carolinas after that. The Condo is great if all you ever want to see is the same beach. I think bike riding, and the search for great roads motivates us this way, and the fact that we NEED an RV for her dog shows really makes this ideal for our Snowbirding lifestyle.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum