Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 06:53 PM   #15
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
No I didn't. It is optional and I did not have a problem in my last Clean Dump that I also did not use silicon on. My reasoning is that if I have a problem with a failed or jammed pump that I cannot fix by turning the pump with the screw in the back, it will be a lot easier to detach the 3" hose and fix or replace the pump. If you have the parts, the pumps are not that difficult to take apart and fix. In my boat, I used to carry a spare repair kit for every pump because it was impossible to get parts in the Caribbean. In the motor home, I do not fell that is necessary.
I did have to use Teflon on the 1" hose installation. It is a really tight fit. I wish I had put that hose on and taken it off before I installed the pump. It would have been easier to get on the second time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum