Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 02:37 PM   #9
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwilcox View Post
Thank You so much for the excellent responses. I have the alignment report that the previous owner did and the measurements are not even close to this, so I will do an alignment. Where do I find the tire manufacturers recommendation based on my weight scale readings? When I see these recommendations I expect it will clarify whether I need to weight each corner of the motorhome or just the whole RV. I assume I would do this with the loaded car tow dolly on the hitch.
Remember you are working with a vehicle with straight axles front and rear that has constant rated\ leaf springs. On a typical scale table, you should not have the car and dolly attached when weighing. Try to find a scale that is in a flat area with room on the left and right side of the table. Pull on to the table with the rear wheels off the table and record the front axle weight. Pull the whole coach on the table and record the total weight. Next pull across the scale and with the front wheels off the table record the rear axle weight. If the weight table is in a flat area then you can proceed to weight the one side corner weights. It will be hard to find a place with individual wheel scales that is rated for motor homes.

I was fortunate to have a farmer near me that had a weight table for his trucks. He agreed to let me play with his weight table one Saturday. It took a while to get repeatable weights on the corners. Remember the coach must be complete level if any wheel is off the scale to record an accurate partial weight. At the end I found there was a 300 lb weight difference between the RR and LR , probably because of the outside kitchen. There was 160 lb difference between the RF and LF, probably caused by the full water tank by the front door. With a 6,000 front axle and a 12,000 rear axle, this is not enough of a difference to make an air pressure adjustment.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum