Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 10:43 PM   #9
TwistedGray

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Majestic 19G
State: California
THOR #21414
I agree...this is stupid.

I also recognize the logic, even though I am against it.

Let's take for example my family as we usually get together 2-3 times a year to go tent camping (we just got our RV weeks ago).

My wife and I live by ourselves, and while I have historically worked from home, she doesn't. In fact, she is a nursing student who has been around COVID patients.

My wife's mother cleans houses for a living in the Bay Area and lives with her daughter who works in animal control. They both work in areas where they are around other people, my sister-in-law more than my mother-in-law. Also living in that house is my sub-teenage nephew, and while he doesn't go to school he does see his dad every week for a few days. At his Dad's house, he is there with his Dad and his Stepmother. His Dad works in an ambulance (I forget his position), and I do not know what his Stepmother does.

The last group that we camp with include my brother-in-law's mother-in-law who lives by herself (retired) and those noted below (in a separate household).

My brother-in-law lives with his wife and their twin boy/girl who do attend school with other kids, and they wear masks (more-or-less...as you might expect 7ish year old to comply).

In simpler terms when we all get together to go camping, we would be coming from four separate houses with a good portion of us working alongside other people, my wife coming in contact with patients, and my nephew's father likely the same. The household breakdown:
a. Me and wife
b. SIL, MIL, nephew
c. BIL's MIL
d. BIL, SIL, nephew, and niece

Clearly we would not be social distancing. We would be playing, conversing, eating together, drinking together, cooking together, and otherwise enjoying ourselves. The kids would be kids and the adults, adults. We typically rent 3-4 separate camping spots, and we try to always get them side-by-side. Sometimes we can, and most times we cannot, so we'll converge on one site.

If you don't see the issue, then I won't waste any more time here, but yes, my wife and I just bought an RV and would love to use it. Now it seems that we will be quite limited in our opportunities except well ... there are always places that enforcement won't go (and enforce) because what's the point.

You're also right about a lot of things (ie: one size does not fit all), but I do hope you can recognize the thought process here. It doesn't take much for a few families that get together, to get together that would be separate on paper but not in reality.

Anyways, here's hoping we will be out of this soon!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum