Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #10
ThatCrazyOldGuy

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Carolina
THOR #21487
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
Except for a 2 week vacation in summer, this is what those of us that are still working full time and have kids in school do. I'm in that category. It works. Holiday weekends, you can get an extra day, but have to make reservations very early (now) because those of us that are working full time and have kids fill the places up.

Any signs of roof damage? Water damage? If so, say "NO." Do all systems work? Does it need tires? Brakes? Engine repairs? Those things might not stop you necessarily, but are things you should know. If there aren't any serious issues and you like the floorplan and your GF likes the floorplan (!!) then it's worth consideration.

Also as to the GF: Do you like her? How tolerant is she of you not listening at all to her opinion? You might want to rent one and do a weekend trip with her to try to convince her before dropping a load of money ...

Yes... I'm well aware of Do Not Buy The First One.

I did not find any Red Flags on the Thor (Leaks, Soft spots, Oil, etc). It does have New Tires and they installed a Steering Stabilizer about 200 miles ago. Didn't check the brakes. (Father Died and Mom is giving them a Newer Rig is the reason for Selling.) After Sailing a 34' boat for 10+ years I'm perfectly at home on a 30' rectangle box w/wheels. (GF was a Powerboter, and a 50' Powerboat is LARGER than the 27.1!)

The Seller is Almost at Low Retail and so we're only off about 4k. The cost of the Tires and Stabilizer was $2700.00.

Found a 2002 30' Winnerbago close by will go see it today!

(GF? Do I like her. Yes Sir, she's a Damn Smart Woman and that is Good and Bad!)

Commercial HVAC Contractor
SC LLR Licensed Home Inspector
Machinist, Locksmith, Gunsmith
Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum