Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 12:39 PM   #81
danl61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #20931
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I bought my Jet flo Macerator so I could dump at home I store my RV at home on it's own pad. 75' to nearest toilet and 100' to a sewer stub out in the yard.

After about a year, I noticed 70% of the time we dumped at facility about 12 miles from our house. While it was very nice and free It was just more work to unhook drive up there take care of things and drive back home.

I just used mine to dump my tanks for real yesterday at a campsite. I could have easily used my slinky and it would have been about the same effort. I now own them both and will use the option that is most convenient. But FWIW, I have no plans to carry my 100' 3/4" Sewer hose with me in the RV, it is on a hose cart and only intended for home use. On the road, my sewer hose is only 25' 1/2". My Slinkys extend to 20' so that could be a factor.

We installed a Thetford, Sani-Con Turbo and it remains hooked up inside compartment at all times. Flushing is the easiest thing now with virtually no mess of fuss, through the attached hose. We have used it twice at fairgrounds that did not have dump station. We went to the restroom and found their clean out, using a regular 3/4 hose 50' worked great.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum