Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #106
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Brauer View Post
Glad to hear your report of excellent service, harder than is should be to get. Based on your advice and now positive experience I reach out to Thor this week and am working on getting the cab over cap repaired, along with a long list of items the dealer has yet to fix. A failed large slide motor the most annoying.
I sent a list by email and await a call back from Wakarusa to make the long drive from AZ to IN.
I'm still under warranty, any advice on compensation for miles, lodging there, etc.?
Thanks again for posting and follow up.
Walter
The only way you will get compensated for mileage, etc. will be if it is a repair that the dealer can't make. Otherwise it is just like picking any dealer who will handle a warranty claim.

If you have an issue with your front cap, that is a structural issue that most dealers won't handle properly and Thor will want you to come to Wakarusa. In those cases it opens the door to get compensated.

I coordinated my visit around a camping trip we had to the Smokies back in October. I knew they would not get it done in a day so I preferred to go back home and let them have it as long as they needed it. I did warn Thor if they could not fix it in two weeks they would need to keep it until Xmas week because I would be down in FL for a couple months and only coming back north for the holidays.... they were OK with that.

I did not push to get compensated for my fuel or tolls. I decided I wanted to keep that in my hip picket as a card to play if I run into problems that I feel should still be covered by Thor now that my 12-month warranty is over.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum