Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
ador

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
The Eternabond Tape is just a preventive measure. I did it on my 2015 Class C also. It's best to do it when the unit is new as there are not much dirt and grimes to remove for prep.

I am doing the suspension step by step to see what "will" help with the swaying when those big rigs pass by and a strong gust of wind. I also heard that the 2021 F53 chasis have beefier stabilizers from the factory. But I do feel the coach sway when a big rig pass by, or with sudden gust of wind. Scared me one time.

I have the Front Sumo Springs and Roadmaster Steering Stabilizer delivered last week. Just deciding on doing the install myself or have a mechanic do the install. (I called a mobile mechanic and was quoted 1hr for the stabilizer and 3hrs for the Springs, @ $125/hr, and $125 service call. That will be $625 in labor).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafoot2 View Post
6. Sealing Roof Joints with Eternabond Tape.

Great work. My ordered 2021 ACE 33.1 is supposed to be done in March.

I'm following your progress and was curious about the eternabond. Is the roof needing the sealing? Or is it precautionary? Wondering what I'm going to encounter come delivery and prepare for the spring.

I know the new motor and suspension was upgraded from factory. Are you finding that suspension still isn't doing the job?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum