Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 06:04 PM   #9
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys
The only problem with all power coming from the coach is that you have to reset the clock and any other settings every time you use the "store" switch. Keeping the settings with the chassis battery fixes that and in a normal car operation the battery drain is small and you never notice it.
That depends on the radio and your use. When I wired up the Jensen 215 I connected both wires to switched house power. We rarely listen to the radio and thus I don't care if the station settings are stored or not (I think they are stored in flash memory anyway) and the clock is set via the GPS receiver in the unit--about a minute after it powers up it has the clock (and it knows what timezone you are in).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum