Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #11
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
That depends on the radio and your use. When I wired up the Jensen 215 I connected both wires to switched house power. We rarely listen to the radio and thus I don't care if the station settings are stored or not (I think they are stored in flash memory anyway) and the clock is set via the GPS receiver in the unit--about a minute after it powers up it has the clock (and it knows what timezone you are in).
That's neat. I don't have the gps chip in mine - I use a separate Garmin, so my clock does not reset. In my Vegas I installed a cut off switch for the radio for dry camping because it drained the coach batteries even when turned off. I have not done that in my new Axis. It looks like the new radio turns completely off with the off button ... but I will have to see on my first real trip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum