Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 01:50 AM   #1
Elcapitain

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini TK
State: New York
THOR #10420
Cool 2018 Gemini Solar Pre installed wiring, charge controller?

Forgive if this topic has been covered and point me to its location, Thanks!

Purchased the Gemini 23TK new 2018. It was my understanding from CW the Rv has some sort of solar starter kit already installed. this was a standard feature on most units as far as they explained. I have seen the two solar wire connectors on the roof for the solar pane connections.

Question: I am looking for knowledge concerning the presents of a charge controller ? Does the current inverter permit solar PV wire connections/termination or is there a separate charge controller to wire the PV into? Or do I need to get a charge controller appropriate for the Wattage desired?

If the equipment is already installed, is it located at the inverter, power distribution panel area of the Gemini ?

I am wondering what the largest capacity solar collector these set ups typically accept? And if the type of panel is crucial?

Just looking for 400 to 600 watts to top us off on longer boondocking stays.

Thanks in advance.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum